Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The anniversary meals: The Balcony Bistro and Ella Dining Room and Bar

The wife and I had our wedding anniversary a few months ago.  Here are the reviews for the places we ate:

Balcony Bistro – Folsom, CA

Ella Dining Room and Bar – Sacramento, CA


These reviews reveal a few things about me:

  1. I like clean dishes.  Please, if you're going to serve other people, make sure your dishes are clean.  A fork with leftover food or a glass with lip imprints can be quite the culinary turn-off.
  2. I love... LOVE... good food.  Good food can and will make me quite verbose if you get me talking about it. Couple that with the fact that...
  3. I really appreciate good service.  If the food is good, good service gives me twice the reason to return and spend more money.


Our visit to Ella was especially nice, because the wife and I don't get to dress up and go out for an extravagant evening very often.  I wanted to wear a suit.  She wanted to wear a dress.  And the evening at Ella made me feel like we had all the money in the world available to spend on all of the finer foods in life (we don't).  The excellent food and service is something I can still feel the affects of whenever I think about that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment